Quaglino’s Flooring is part of a family tradition that started back in 1922. As a young boy, James A Quaglino came to this country through Ellis Island. His family soon moved here to the Central Coast. When the industrious Italian immigrant grew into a young man, he established a highly successful construction business specializing in roofing and flooring. In 1947, James built the commercial building at the corner of Santa Barbara and High Streets in San Luis Obispo that still serves as the showroom for Quaglino’s flooring. Today, Pat Quaglino proudly runs the flooring business that his grandfather started so many years ago.